Reverend Arthur Price, Jr. serves as Pastor of the historical Sixteenth Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, AL to which he was called in January 2002. The vision for Sixteenth Street, as implemented by Reverend Price, has been to have a Bible-centric ministry that will Reach, Rebuild and Reproduce through the power of the Holy Spirit. This vision serves as an anchor to the Mission Statement of Sixteenth Street which is to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to encourage the cultivation of a personal relationship with Him. Sixteenth Street Baptist Church, through the sound teaching and preaching of Reverend Price, has thus been committed to Evangelizing the Sinner, Exalting the Savior, and Equipping the Saints for Jesus Christ.
In keeping with these designs, Reverend Price and the congregation of Sixteenth Street are engaged in a variety of vital, active ministries, all of which have been instituted and/or developed during Reverend Price’s pastorate:
- Systematic Bible study focusing on the practical application of the Word of God using studies that are especially geared toward spiritual growth, i.e. verse by verse exposition and topical studies; Jr. W.A.R.: Bible study for preteens and teenagers that focus on issues relating to today’s youth from a biblical perspective;
- Discipleship Classes: Classes designed to orient the new member and new disciple to the basic fundamentals of Christianity and to acclimate them to their new church environment,
- GOD’S Mighty Men Men’s Ministry: A ministry designed for the men of faith to come together to fellowship and learn what the Word says about their role as men in their homes, church, communities, etc.,
- Women’s Ministry: A ministry dedicated to the needs specific to women utilizing the Word as a tool and guide;
- Children’s Church/Nursery: A ministry dedicated to teaching basic biblical principles to children while also enabling parents to participate fully in worship services.
- Married Couple’s Ministry: A ministry dedicated to growing healthy marriages using the Word of God as a blueprint;
- S.W.A.T. (Soul Winning Action Team): Evangelism ministry designed as an outreach tool to take the Gospel to the community in order to win souls for the kingdom of God;
- Fatherhood Ministry: An outreach ministry for the community and church designed to teach, disciple and mentor fathers in their role as leaders and examples to their children.
- Wall Builders (Drug Recovery Ministry) an outreach ministry, in conjunction with local community and law enforcement services, that ministers to those plagued by drug abuse using a biblical model;
- Athletic Ministry: Provides opportunities for congregation to fellowship through physical activity. Activities include: weekly aerobics classes, seasonal golf, bowling, and softball ministries.
Undergirding the theme and mission of the church, these ministries, and Reverend Price’s preaching and teaching, it is his desire to give of himself and share his faith in Christ. “All that I have done is by the grace of God,” he says. “My relationship with Christ is the reservoir from which all these activities come.” Reverend Price has extensive ministry experience spanning work with children, college students, senior citizens , and the sick and bereaved.
Prior to his ministry at Sixteenth Street Baptist Church, Reverend Price was formerly the Senior Pastor of Memorial Baptist Church in Buffalo, New York for three and a half years and accomplished great things for the Lord while in that vineyard.
Reverend Price is a 1995 graduate of Colgate Rochester Divinity School and received the Master of Divinity degree, emphasizing biblical studies. He completed undergraduate degree study a Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and received the Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice. Reverend Price has experience as a Prosecution Assistant for a total of eleven years in both the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office and the Monroe County District Attorney’s Office in Rochester, New York.
Reverend Price was licensed to preach in November 1990 and ordained to the ministry in 1994. He received ministerial training from both Rev. Charles Walker, Pastor of Nineteenth Street Baptist Church in Philadelphia and Dr. Raymond M. Gordon, Sr., Pastor of St. Matthew’s Baptist Church in Williamstown, New Jersey.
Finally, and most importantly, Reverend Price is married to Candie A. Price and they are the proud parents of two daughters, Eboni Paige and Amyna Janel.