Membership at 16th Street
Membership at Sixteenth Street is a commitment, but that commitment comes with benefits that are only available to members. These benefits are spiritual as well as practical.
The spiritual benefits you can look forward to are:
- A place for your entire family tobe spiritually nurtured in the Word of God
- A family of believersto support and encourage you in your Christian walk.
- Dynamic teaching that is both practical and therapeutic.
- Opportunity to discover and use your spiritual giftsin ministry which will impact the lives of others.
- A worship experienceto help usher you in the presence of God and start your week off right.
- A mid-week Bible study that will challenge, encourage and motivate you in your Christian walk.
- The God-given protectiongranted when you are under the authority of spiritual leadership.
What We Expect of Our Members
- We expect our members to confirm their Decisionto know Christ by a personal confession of faith.
- We expect our members to commit to the Discipleship processso that they will grow in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. This is accomplished by participating in and completing the Pew Progression Process, attending Sunday worship, W.A.R., and participating in our Sunday school.
- We expect our members to demonstrate the power of Christand Show it by living according to biblical integrity—being a light to the world and the church. (Philippians 1:27)
- We expect our members to maintain biblical attitudes towards one another.Fellowship and love are expectations that we desire each member to exercise. Divisions, cliques, gossip, and critical spirits will not be tolerated. (Romans 15:19, Ephesians 4:29).
- We expect our members to be respectful and submissive to leadership,“Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: who’s faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.” (Hebrew 13:7)
- We expect our members to support our Pastor, leadership, and churchwith continual prayer and financial support with your tithes and offerings (10% according to God’s Word) and invite the unchurched to attend (I Thessalonians 1:2, I Corinthians 16:2, Leviticus 27:30).
- We expect our members to serve the ministry of our church by discovering and demonstrating their spiritual gifts and talents in at least one church ministry. (I Peter 4:10, Ephesians 4:11-12, Philippians 2:3-4, 7)